Welcome to our blog. This blog was created for the purpose of being a tool to encourage, share and discuss the daily Bible readings through 2010. We are excited to have you join us. We ask that while you're here that you follow the Golden Rule, if you have a question, please feel free to email us.

January's Reading Schedule

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com Include this form on your page

Monday, December 28, 2009

Always Be Prepared 1 Peter 3:15

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that you are looking forward to the New Year! Wow-when I think 2010 will be rolling in on Friday-it's almost mind boggling ! At any rate, I hope you are still excited for what's to come this year and that you have time set aside to work through your daily Bible readings with us. I ran across this verse today when I typed in the word "prepared" in the Bible Gateway search bar.

1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect


This verse really spoke to me today, especially with the building anticipation of reading through the Bible this year. I have, on more than one occasion, been in conversation with someone who had a question about my faith and been stumped on how to answer the question. This verse reaffirms the fact that we need to be prepared to answer those questions. I know that reading through the Bible this year will give me a broader knowledge base of scriptures that contain answers to those questions. It will also give me a greater strength to be able to answer them with confidence because I will be better prepared to share the gospel with those people that I come in contact with on a daily basis.

Another reason I think this is a wonderful verse for the upcoming New Year, is because it doesn't say "when you have hope" or "if you have hope" it says "give the reason for the hope you have"-which is Christ. I think this is a pretty powerful statement-our hope shouldn't waver when we know Jesus as our Lord and Savior!


Many Blessings to you as we close 2009!

Tanya

No comments: